Last revised: Sept 30, 2009
- This policy applies to Discover Communications Inc. At Discover Communications Inc., the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level communication services they expect.
- Discover Communications Inc. privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
- Discover Communications Inc. has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers' personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, Discover Communications Inc. employees receive privacy training and must comply with Discover Communications Inc. privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by Discover Communications Inc. is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
- At Discover Communications Inc., we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Discover Communications Inc. and its agents, dealers and related companies;
- To manage and develop Discover Communications Inc. business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
- Discover Communications Inc. does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Discover Communications Inc. retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Discover Communications Inc. informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- Discover Communications Inc. ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- A senior company officer has been appointed as the Security and Compliance Officer at Discover Communications Inc. The Security and Compliance Officer is accountable for all personal information at Discover Communications Inc. You may contact the Security and Compliance Officer at:
Security and Compliance Officer
Discover Communications Inc.
30 Victoria Crescent
- Customers may contact a Discover Communications Inc. customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Discover Communications Inc. Security and Compliance Officer for the following:
- obtain more information about Discover Communications Inc. Commitment to Privacy;
- access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Discover Communication Inc.; or
- make a privacy-related complaint
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Discover Communications Inc. personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Discover Communications Inc. you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance by:
Phone: 1-800-282-1376 or 613-995-8210
Our site's registration forms require users to give us a unique username and password. To post a message in Discover Communications Inc. using an e-form, an email address is also required.
This site contains links to third party sites. Discover Communications Inc. or any of its affiliates is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Discover Communications Inc. co-branded sites and content partner sites may have privacy policies independent of Discover Communications Inc.
Discover Communications Inc. may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded sites, and advertisers, however, this aggregated information does not contain personally identifiable information.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and be intercepted by third parties. Discover Communications Inc. or any of its affiliated companies within the
Rogers group of companies assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
Discover Communications Inc.
30 Victoria Crescent
At Discover, we are dedicated to providing consumers with one of many solutions to keeping them connected. We will continue to offer quality products at competitive prices and exceptional services at all levels of our business.